Gift Vouchers for a friend? Gift vouchers for a Special occasion? Gift Vouchers for Christmas!
See a description of the workshops below.
Email me and let’s make that happen
Private Picture Framing Courses
I run private sessions in my workshop at home. By attending a 1-1 session we can work at your pace and focusing on your interests. The content of the day varies, depending on whether this is a one-off day or if trying to add to your skillset. Either way, you’re welcome to bring a friend. The sessions are either half a day or a full day.
- Morning sessions: 09:30 – 13:00 for £90. If you’d like to work with a friend (maximum 2 people) then the cost is £70 each.
- Full-day sessions: 09:30 – 16:00 for £180, or £140 each if you work with someone else, and includes a light lunch.
- Materials: For basic* and introduction courses, the cost of tuition includes all material. For more specialist** courses, materials are extra.
* Basic and introduction courses: In a full or half-day you work with 1 or 2 photographs, drawings or paintings on paper. The size of the art is limited to a maximum of A4. In a full day, you can expect to take home 1 or 2 pieces mounted, glazed and ready to hang.
** Specialist courses: These include working with larger pieces, fabrics, stretching and framing canvases, 3-D box framing. The number of items completed depends on the complexity of the work involved. The cost varies on the materials selected.
Content: All sessions are tailored to suit you and build on previous knowledge and experience. Each session is a combination of theory and practical. If you’ve never framed before, start with measurements, planning and cutting mounts and progress to cutting glass, wood and joining and assembling frames.
Taking Framing Further: Once you have the basics in place, it’s great to go further and try other mount styles, french matting (painting on mounts), box framing and many other techniques, including framing shirts, working with fabrics, or stretching and framing canvases and 3-D framing. I also teach hand finishing frames using paints and waxes to extend your bespoke framing offering.
Equipment: I teach on a selection of professional tools including a Morso F Mitre Guillotine, Cassese CS88 underpinner, and a Keencut Ultimat Futura mount cutter.
If you are planning to learn to frame as a hobby and have bought or plan to buy your own hobby equipment, I also have a selection of Logan mount cutters, a mitre saw, desktop guillotine, and joiner available.
Booking a Workshop: All workshops are arranged at mutually suitable dates. I recommend planning and booking in advance, especially if you are arranging a birthday surprise. Get in touch to find out more and arrange a suitable date.
Are online picture framing workshops possible? Do you want to start a new career? Signup to be first to hear about my next online Signature “The Profitable Picture Framer” workshop.
Workshops as Gifts: Workshops make an excellent gift. If you’re stuck for ideas for Father’s Day, birthdays, Christmas or just for a treat. I do gift vouchers to add to that surprise.
1. DIY Framing LTD. High Wycombe: In addition to teaching privately in my workshop in Twickenham, I am also one of the trainers for DIY Framing Ltd., based in High Wycombe. I teach their specialist courses, which include the following:
- Framing 3-D objects
- Framing Fabrics
- Conservation Framing
- Stretching and framing canvases
- Shirt Framing
For more information, dates, and prices for the courses offered by DIY Framing, please refer to their website, All About Framing.
2. Richmond and Hillcroft Adult Community College (RHACC) – Framing Courses
I also teach picture framing at the Richmond and Hillcroft Adult Community College in Parkshot, Richmond on Monday mornings and afternoons, during term time, and more specialist courses during midterm breaks or the summer holidays. Please book online with the college. Courses are canceled if there are not sufficient numbers, so it’s best not to leave it to last.
Why Work with Me?
As a qualified teacher, I enjoy teaching as much as I enjoy picture framing, so adding “picture framing training” to my portfolio seemed to be a natural next step. Over the years, I have taught a variety of subjects to large groups or small, and in many locations around the world, so I was delighted when the opportunity arose to do both, that is to teach picture framing. One of the aspects of framing that I love is that we never stop learning. I enjoy spending time with other framers, sharing ideas and equally enjoy helping framers extend their skills.
I belong to the Fine Art Trade Guild and am a Guild Certified Framer (APF)